Ok, there isn’t much here in terms of pictures. I was more video camera happy than anything. Everytime they’d get on a ride, it was just easier to take the video cam out. But we got a few. The kids were more interested in us taking pics of the animals. 🙂
28 Jul 2006 6 Comments
We made it home last night around 9pm after our little trip. I was actually never so happy to get home, in my own bed!
So we left Tuesday morning around 9am. We went to Moncton, NB and it’s about a 6 hr drive normally, but with 4 kids, that could be anywhere up to 7 hrs especially with a baby. Anyway off we went. Oh I’d say about 2 hrs into the drive hubby insists on passing this big trucker, so he of course slams on the gas to go by and is driving about 140km finally passes the dude and says, “ummm, honey, I think something in the engine let go”. I’m like, “what the hell, the van is only a 2005, it’s just 1 yr old, what the hell!” So we pull off to a nearby gas station, he looks under the hood and figures out that the engine belt is freyed. So panicky me starts in at, well way to f’in go, blah blah, the typical bitching that i do when I get mad and worried. I was all like, how long can you drive like that, he’s like, not long before it’ll go then you don’t go! URGH, what a way to start the day, honestly who the hell does that happen to!??? Surprisingly enough there was a Dodge dealership only about 15 min from where we discovered our problem and they actually took us in right away. (maybe the fact that there were 4 children, and stuck nowhere near home, may have swayed them a bit, LOL) We went up the road to get something to eat and then came back and only had to wait about 2 hrs in total. We were definately sidetracked, but thank God it got fixed and didn’t happen somewhere else with no place to fix it in sight! Oh and good ol’ hubby got the oil changed while it was in. What a nut.
After that drama finished, we got back on the highway. Got to our destination at about 5pm. Checked into our hotel and decided to go out for supper. We went to Boomerang’s. It was pretty good but holy hell expensive. Well I’m lying, the kids menu was only 3.99 but the adults was like 13.99 and up! Yikes. Anyway, we pigged out of course, hehe.
After that we went shopping. The kids each got a toy and then back to our room then down to the pool of course till almost 10pm. Ugh, I was beyond exhausted. Got some cute tops and pants and a new bathing suit, yay! They baby went to sleep around 9pm and slept great until about 3am. When this massive thunderstorm disrupted our sleep. Crap, I thought it would never stop. Oh well, about 4 hrs later it finally did. (can you tell, I hate thunder and lightening, scares the crap outta me)
So next morning up at 8am to start the day. We went to the amusement park and spent a fortune to get on the rides. We stayed there for about 6 hrs. The baby didnt’ fuss at all. She was excellant. The kids had a great time. I didn’t really get any pictures of them on the rides, I was more interested in getting them on video camera. So I got tons of footage of them. After that we went out to Jungle Jim’s for supper, the kids absolutely loved that place. The food was great, but I was starting to think at this point, my kids will turn into a pizza or chicken fingers!
Finally, our last day. We got up early checked out and decided to hit up the Zoo. It was fun, but soooo hot! After 2 hrs in the heat the youngest kids were even getting sick of it, it was time to head out. We got lots of pictures of the animals and of course my batteries died both in the digi cam and video camera halfway through! Oh well, not much I could do at that point but enjoy 🙂
The kids had a great time, so did we but I was never so happy to get the heck home 🙂
24 Jul 2006 14 Comments
We are going away on our little family trip tomorrow. We’re going to New Brunswick. I think we’ll have a good time, we have lots of relatives to visit while we’re there. I’ll be taking lots of pics! I’ll post when I’m back.
She’s saying “peace out dudes”. LOL.
23 Jul 2006 5 Comments
Since I lack the creativity to make a post tonight, I’ll use this. Stole it from Emma in Canada’s site.
Highlight the ones you’ve done…
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said ‘I love you’ and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise (like every 4 nights, ahaha at work)
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment *at my grandfather’s funeral, not good timing*
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger (my hubby 🙂
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days (i can barely go 5 hours!)
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music.
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad – and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions-there hasn’t been any. 😦
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident
150: Saved someone’s life
20 Jul 2006 10 Comments
So I did go to the Doctor and got me some antibiotics to clear up my sore boob problem. I’m already starting to notice a difference, thank goodness. What a way to spend my birthday though, waking up to that pain. 😦
Anyway, the kids got me an ice cream cake and since we are going away next week we figured we’d save the money and get something away, cause can’t go on a vacation without shopping!
Tonight is hubby’s last night of work for a whole month! I am sooo happy! We really lucked out this year to both have the summer off. Last year I worked pretty much everyday, since I was working at the hospital and at a nursing home. Oh well, I can enjoy my summer now 🙂
Did anyone watch Canada’s Next Top Model? It certainly was nothing compared to America’s version, but it gave me something to watch on a weekly basis. I was super pissed at who won last night though, of all people that Andrea won. Blah.
Oh the baby started doing the funniest thing today, I was making fart sounds with my mouth at her and she was doing the exact same thing to me. It was just too sweet. She’s certainly changing on a daily basis. I also finally took the digital pics in to get printed off to start her photo album. I tried her with a bit of rice cereal today, since she’s starving lately (I’m sure another wonderful growth spurt) and she absolutely LOVED it. Ate it off the spoon, even started talking with her mouth full, hehe.
Well that’s about all that’s been happening. Took my pc in to get fixed because it was all screwed up and had to get a new modem, pretty sure that the lightening fried it that time. I have to get a power surge bar, I only have a power bar, stupid me forgot to pick one up today. My luck we’ll get some lightening today and ZAP! it’ll go again.
18 Jul 2006 12 Comments
|Well, yesterday I went to the beach with the hubby and children. We just relaxed in the blazing heat and I stayed on the shore with the baby.
The inlaws came over last night so instead of hauling boob out in front of them, I just fed her a 4 ounce bottle. She usually sleeps all night long too, if she’s got that in her.
The heat was so damn ridiculous in my room last night, I thought I was going to die, I was getting a headache and feeling all shitty. Then, I wake up at 1am. My left boob is as big as my head, totally engorged, hard as a rock, hurting like hell. OUCH! Of course, I say screw this, wake up baby and try and get her to nurse. The pain of her latching on was equivalent to the pain I felt nursing my first child, when I had blistered, cracked, bleeding, sore, chewed off nipples. Oh it was horrible. She ate for about 10 minutes and I got absolutely NO relief. Went out and started to hand pump some milk in a bottle, got about 3 oz. Still hurt like a bitch, so took some advil and went back to bed.
Woke again at 3am. Holy hell, pain is getting soooo much worse now, again I woke up the baby and prayed so hard she’d eat a ton. Nope, nursed for like 10 minutes, back to sleep. So of course I’m laying there dying, complaining to hubby, he doesn’t really care, cause he’s gotta go to work in the am. I suck it up and somehow manage to sleep in this sweltering hot ass house.
5am, up again. This time boob is bigger than I ever seen it. Even worse than when my milk first came in 3 months ago. This time I’m feeling them, one is WAY hotter and check my temp, 40C. Wow, i doubt the house is that friggen hot. And I feel as though I’ve been hit like a dump truck! I’ve pretty much figured it’s probably mastitis, although I’m not a Dr. but I dont’ know what other symptoms they’d look for, since I feel like death is knocking on my door. So far I’ve been nursing her on that side, and I get no damn relief. Guess I should make an appointment to see my Dr.
:*( I can now understand what other new momma’s were going through when they had experienced this. It sucks ass.
17 Jul 2006 7 Comments
|Friday night hubby and I finally went on a “date” without the baby! My MIL came over to watch the children and I left the baby. That’s the first time that I went out, without her. We went to the movies and saw Pirates of the Caribbean. I really liked it, but the funny thing is that I was all confused about why one of the characters wanted something, I don’t want to ruin it for anyone in case someone that reads this hasn’t seen it. *my goodness I babble* Anywho, the thing is that I was thinking about the baby for the first ooooohhh I’d say 1/2 hr of the movie and didn’t get some of the “plot”. I finally asked, “hubby, why does he want that so bad?” And he went on to explain this big thing to me, and I was like you got all that out of the movie? and his reply: “sometimes honey, I wonder if we are watching the same movie” haha. I take so long to tell any kind of stories.
So it was fun, we went to blockbuster and bought some movies too, got the Corpse Bride, Spiderman and Spiderman 2. We watched them all with the kids yesterday. They love them. We also went out to eat. I am thinking that I really have to get out more away from the baby. Some “me” time. Although I don’t want to leave her, it’ll be harder in the long run for sitters on both of us if I don’t start it soon.
My daughter got home tonight from her trip. She bought all of us a keychain and got me a little nurse button for my crocs. How cute is she. I thought it was sweet of her to think of all of us while she was away. She also got me this thing for a zipper that says, “best mum”. It’s a little purple bear. Too cute. She hasn’t stopped talking since she came home. haha. It’s been 2 hrs of non-stop entertainment. Boy she can talk!
Oh I bought the kids these little tiny frogs on the weekend. They go in an aquarium and are the size of my fingernail. They are too cute. They are only supposed to get about two times bigger than what they are. I can deal with that. I hate big old yucky toads, but these are so tiny. Maybe I’ll take a pic. I’ve told them that they are basically just like fish, you can’t pick them up, only look at them. That has satisfied them, so they don’t bug to touch them. I rather it that way for now, because I’m sure little E would have them dead from mauling them in a day.
Today we took the kids to the movies to see Cars. We figured that since it wasn’t much of a beach day we’d do something with them. So off we went. My son LOVED it. He’s totally into cars. They had fun. The baby was great the whole time too, she actually watched a bunch of it. Too cute.
Oh saw Big Brother tonight. I’m happy that Kaysar put up Nakomis and Diane. I don’t really like Diane all that much. I was so worried he was going to nominate Will when it took forever to get his key out. I think I would strongly consider not watching it anymore if he was kicked out this early. Anyway, I think if one of them wins the veto and gets “off the block” he may put up that irritating George instead. He needs to go home to his family. lol.
I went to a wedding shower this evening. My SIL asked me to go with her, it was for a girl that was in her wedding but hasn’t seen her in about 6 yrs. Anyway, I didn’t know her, but said, I’ll go if you want me to. So I took the girls and my SIL and off we went. We played 2 games and didn’t I win both and then there was the questions who’s anniversary is closest to the bride’s, yah mine was and then the question who’s proposal was closest to the bride’s. Mine was on the same day. I was actually embarrassed since I didn’t even know her and won the most presents. I didn’t’ even want to admit the last one but SIL knew the date and yelled it out.
Well that pretty much sums up my exciting weekend. 🙂