Well, I’m officially sterile. I had the tubal done on Monday. I got there around 12pm, they did the pre-op junk then I waited till 1:30pm for the Dr. to come get me. There he did the explaining and told me my pregnancy test was neg. *no surprise* lol. Then the OR nurse came out to talk to me to see if my jewelry was gone, that’s when I realized she was my BIL girlfriends mom, too funny she was in with me for my gallbladder surgery too. Hubby had gone to change the baby at this point, since I had him with me so I could nurse him as long up to the surgery as I could. Anyway, they anesthetist came to talk to me, and he realized he works with me on my surgical floor. He started hugging me, grabbed the baby when hubby came back with him, it was hilarious, it was like a zoo out in the waiting area. He was all like you sure you aren’t having more, I’m like NO!@ Anyway, then I went in. He started my IV joked around about how it takes him 4 tries then he lets the nurses try, I laughed so hard, because that’s my cop-out when I can’t get an IV started. So there I was all strapped down, and he started the drugs, and bam last thing I remember is the lights.

I woke in recovery room, no pain, no problem. Just my legs and back hurt a bit, so the nurse there, which I also knew was chatting away, said I could have tylenol#3’s if I wanted, so I accepted. She had also said, he gave me extra fentanyl in surgery since I’m allergic to naprosyn. So about 1/2 hr passed and the pain got worse and my bp was now 150/92 so she figured I was having more pain and asked if I wanted more meds. I said I’ll take what you have, so she gave me 10mg of morphine. I felt fine, no probs. So then about 1/2 hr later she took me to the day surgery area, I was ready to go home. All the while I never sat up though…..

So down in day surgery I sat up, that’s when the nausea hit, OMG. I threw up/dry heaved for an hr straight. The nurse was just after taking out my IV, and called the anesthetist and he told her to restart it to give me Zofran IV push see if that worked, of course it didn’t, still 1/2 hr of vomiting later, then he gave me 50mg of Gravol. After that I fell asleep. FINALLY the nausea wore off long enough for me to get home!

I feel fine, just a little sore, but whatever, it’s not bad. I’m safe and that’s about all that matters. 🙂

Oh Denise had asked about the house the size, bedrooms etc.

The house is 1700 square feet, with the basement completed it is 2544completed square feet.
There are 6 bedrooms, 3 upstairs and we are putting the other 3 older children in the basement, like I said it’s all finished. There’s 4 bathrooms, 2 full and 2 half. The siding is going on today, I’ll have to update the pictures when it’s finished.


9 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Squishy Tushy
    Jan 16, 2008 @ 14:19:00

    Glad to hear the procedure went well…

    And I can’t wait to see more photos of the house!!


  2. nailgirl
    Jan 16, 2008 @ 17:08:00

    Glad that you are home and safe. I haven’t done my surgery yet. Wow that is a big house. Love the pics.


  3. twinsRus
    Jan 16, 2008 @ 17:25:00

    I am glad that your tubal went well…besides the fact of vomiting…YOur house is going to be awesome….plenty of room for the kiddos thats for sure…ttyl heather


  4. Merr
    Jan 16, 2008 @ 21:10:00

    Glad you made it through the surgery okay! The house sounds awesome! 6 bedrooms, WOW that’s awesome. Can’t wait to see the finished product.


  5. girl from florida
    Jan 17, 2008 @ 00:34:00

    I thought about you doing this this week… how are you feeling emotionally? Are you OK?


  6. Lisanne
    Jan 18, 2008 @ 03:07:00

    Holy crap ~ that nausea sounded positively AWFUL!!! How horrible! I am *so* glad that it’s over and that you made it through just fine. Do you feel kind of sad about it, though? Emotional? I hope that you’re doing OK.


  7. Chas
    Jan 18, 2008 @ 17:07:00

    I’m glad the procedure went well!

    Wow, six bedrooms! I bet there aren’t many families of 7 that can say that each child has their own room!


  8. my4kids
    Jan 19, 2008 @ 19:50:00

    Glad to hear it went well. I usually have a hard time with nausea also when having surgery.

    Wow 6 bedrooms? The kids would love their own rooms. We just don’t have the money to build a house.


  9. Shannon
    Jan 21, 2008 @ 23:13:00

    well I am glad you are home and that the puking has stopped!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: